Information and Technology Office
The Monmouth County Sheriff's Office/ Communications Division/Information Technology Office is responsible for providing a secure, stable Information Technology infrastructure which enhances the ability of our Public Safety user base to serve and protect the public.
Our Wide Area Network provides gateway access to the following State and Federal systems
- New Jersey Criminal Justice Information System(NJCJIS)
- New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicle file
- State Criminal Information Center (SCIC)
- FBI National Crime Information Center (NCIC)
- National Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (NLETS)
- New Jersey Law Enforcement Telecommunications System(NJLETS)
- State and National Computerized Criminal History Information Repositories
- Automated Traffic System (ATS)
- Automated Court System (ACS)
- Prosecutor's Management Information System (PROMIS)
Additionally the Computer office maintains and supports a county-wide Public Safety System. The system, New World Public Safety System, is multi-jurisdictional and allows the participating agencies to share data with each other, thus improving intelligence throughout the county. Another important benefit of computerized data are simple database queries increase the safety of first responders by providing them with critical, relevant information about premises, individuals, and the emergency situation.