Mini Academy For Mon/Ocean County High School Students
Law Enforcement Mini Academy

  Monmouth County Crime Stoppers
Monmouth County Crime Stoppers

  Be a hero.
Be a designated driver!
Hero Campaign

2500 Kozloski Road
Freehold, NJ 07728
Telephone: 732.431.6400

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Monmouth County Sheriff's Office located?
The administrative offices of the Sheriff are located at 2500 Kozloski Road, Freehold, NJ.  You can view a map of the exact location of the Sheriff's office by clicking here.

What are the office hours?
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

What is the difference between the Sheriff's Office and a police department?
The local police have primary jurisdiction and are first responders. The Sheriff's Office is responsible for courthouse security, serving criminal warrants and non-support warrants, civil process, corrections and 911 communications. In addition, the Sheriff's Office supports and augments local police with specialized services such as K-9 narcotic & explosive, Search & Rescue, suspect search, bomb disposal, Emergency Response Team, and Emergency 9-1-1 dispatch, to name a few.

How was the Sheriff's position established?
N.J. State Constitution.

How long is the Sheriff's term of office?
The Sheriff is elected to office for a term of three years.

What are the qualifications to be Sheriff?
Individual must be a U.S. citizen and a 3-year resident of the county for which he/she seeks election. A petition which contains the signatures of 100 registered voters from the party to be represented must be filed with the County Clerk.

Where do I mail my papers for civil process service?
All general correspondence and requests for service should be sent to the following mailing address:

Monmouth County Sheriff's Office
2500 Kozloski Road
Freehold, N.J. 07728

What happens if you cannot serve my papers?
A Sheriff's Officer will make three attempts to execute the document(s), unless otherwise instructed, at which time the item will be returned to the requestor with an affidavit of service explaining the service outcome. The fee for service is not refundable.

Can I get a status on my service?
To inquire about the status of service, you may call (732) 431-6400 X1124 for a Summons & Complaint, 732-431-6400 X1106 on General Writs and Wage Garnishments.

What are the fees for Service? Fees for service can be found here.  

What number can I call for administration at the Correctional Facility?  732-431-7863.

How can I find out if a particular person is in jail and what information can I obtain about someone in custody?
You may obtain whether or not someone is in custody, charges, bail, court date, arresting agency, when arrested, visiting hours, where he is currently housed, tentative release date, any holds placed by other agencies. You can also access this information at the following site:

How do I request information under the Open Public Records Act?  Click here to download the form.  You can then complete the form and fax it to our office at 732-294-5965.

Connect with us!


Text UR Tip Anonymously!

Text UR Tips to 67283

Events Calendar
April 2015
Coming Events
Most Wanted
Search Site